- Study with us
- Federation University at MIT
- About us
Job Searching Techniques
There are things you should consider when applying for work including:
- Have a profile page setup on employment websites
- Have a clear objective on what type of role you are looking for
- Set goals for short term and long term intentions – short term refers to whilst you are studying and long term is specific to the industry of your chosen studies
- Read the job advertisement thoroughly
- Read the job description thoroughly
- Respond to the key selection criteria
- Submit your cover letter, resume and key selection criteria responses prior the deadline in a timely manner.
Furthermore, some online job hunting tips include:
- Create an account on employment websites – it allows you to keep track of your applications and have relevant jobs emailed to you once they are posted online, as well as save your cover letter and resume online;
- Keep your options open – apply for as many jobs as you can;
- When searching for jobs, you can be more specific to remove the unwanted jobs in other states or industries to ensure time efficiency;
- Take your time with applications because attention to detail is important – it shows that you are interested in the position and that you take initiative with your work;
- Research the company you want to apply for – it will assist with personalising your cover letter and tailoring your resume to fit the job description, and
- Always proof read your applications prior submission.
Remember to book your seat for the "Job Searching Technique" seminar in the Workshops and Events section of AMS, when registrations open.