Entry requirements and weighting
|Credit Points:||15 credit points|
|Level:||Year 1, Core|
The subject material covers the marketing environment in which marketing decisions take place, including the demographic, legal, political, technological, social, cultural, and physical aspects of that environment, which are relevant to those marketing decisions.
The subject also covers the mix of decisions regarding product, price promotion and distribution policies, as well as the identification of marketing opportunities, market research and the analysis of consumer behaviour, the selection of markets, market segmentation, targeting and positioning. In addition, the development of a marketing plan is covered.
This unit will cover the following topics:
- Definition of marketing and marketing process
- Marketing environment
- Market behaviour and analysis
- Market research
- Consumer behaviour
- Segmentation and target marketing
- Developing the marketing mix
- Implementing the marketing effort
Unit Learning outcomes
- identify core concepts of marketing and the role of marketing in business and society
- identify appropriate marketing mixes for specific industries
- design, implementing and controlling marketing strategies in order to achieve a competitive market advantage
- analyse marketing problems and providing solutions based on a critical examination of marketing information
- apply knowledge and skills to real-world experiences
- create an integrated marketing plan
- develop marketing strategies based on product, price, place and promotion objectives.
- create an integrated marketing communications plan, which includes promotional strategies and measures of effectiveness.
- communicate unique marketing mixes and selling propositions for specific product offerings.
- Be able to create an integrated marketing plan
- Identify appropriate marketing mixes for specific industries
- Design, implement and control marketing strategies in order to achieve a competitive market advantage
- Understand the importance of making decisions based on a range of information and disciplines
- Appreciate the art of decision making and compromise
- Appreciating the role of marketing in changing organizational environment
- Appreciating the interrelationship of theory and practice in marketing
- Appreciating the importance of marketing in the overall structure and function of organizations.
- Valuing the role of theory in developing marketing strategies.
- Valuing the benefits of marketing strategies for the growth and development of organizations.