Credit Points: 15
Prerequisite: BN301 Industry Based Project 1
Co-requisite: BN301 Industry Based Project 1
Workload: 48 contact hours
Campus: Melbourne, Sydney
Aims & Objectives
This is a core unit out of a total of 24 units in the Bachelor of Networking (BNet). This unit addresses the BNet course learning outcomes and complements other courses in a related field by developing students’ knowledge and skills in network projects. For further course information refer to: http://www.mit.edu.au/study-with-us/programs/bachelor-networking . This unit is part of the AQF Level 7 (BNet) course.
This unit provides students with an in depth discussion of the BN301 Project 1 concepts, methods and principles of core units and provides students with a capstone final year project in network or telecommunication system specification, development, implementation, testing and troubleshooting. Students apply their skills of project management in a real situation. Students apply the knowledge gained throughout their course to an application for an actual client in a team environment.
This unit will cover the following topics:
- Reflective journal.
- Develop spreadsheet of personal industry exposure.
- Detailed design. Test plan.
- Identify and solve risk management issues.
- Implementation, testing, troubleshooting.
- Documentation, presentation.
- Final project demonstration.
On successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to conceptualise, design, plan and execute a substantial capstone project;
- Apply the knowledge and skills acquired over the core units of the course in planning and executing a capstone project in an area related to Networking;
- Orally present the background, design, implementation, results and conclusions to an audience of peers and academic staff;
- Through written reflective journals and project reports demonstrate communication and technical skills to identify and interpret problems, methodologies, conclusions and professional decisions;
- Demonstrate the application of knowledge and skills with a high level of personal autonomy and accountability while being part of a team-based working environment.
Tutorial/Workshop: 2 hours
Learning Outcomes Assessed
|Group report: Project Detailed Design*||a,b,e*||10%|
|Group report: Project Implementation and evaluation report*. Demonstration to supervisor is every week.||a,b,e*||50%|
|Individual report: Peer evaluation of contributions of team members and reflective journal on professional practice/experience||d,e*||30%|
*refer to learning outcomes above.
MIT is committed to ensure the course is current, practical and relevant so that graduates are “work ready” and equipped for life-long learning. In order to accomplish this, the MIT Graduate Attributes identify the required knowledge, skills and attributes that prepare students for the industry.
The level to which Graduate Attributes covered in this unit are as follows:
|Ability to communicate||Independent and Lifelong Learning||Ethics||Analytical and Problem Solving||Cultural and Global Awareness||Teamwork Cooperation, Participation and Leadership||Specialist knowledge of a field of study|
|The standard is covered by theory and practice, and addressed by assessed activities in which the students always play an active role, e.g. workshops, lab submissions, assignments, demonstrations, tests, examinations|
|The standard is covered by theory or practice, and addressed by assessed activities in which the students mostly play an active role, e.g. discussions, reading, intepreting documents, tests, examinations|
|The standard is discussed in theory or practice; it is addressed by assessed activities in which the students may play an active role, e.g. lectures and discussions, reading, interpretation, workshops, presentations|
|The standard is presented as a side issue in theory or practice; it is not specifically assessed, but it is addressed by activities such as lectures or tutorials|
|The standard is not considered, there is no theory or practice or activities associated with this standard|