Entry requirements and weighting
|Credit Points:||15 credit points|
|Level:||Year 1, Core|
This unit provides students with preparation for effective participation in the workplace by emphasizing communication, collaboration, and research techniques. It provides students with the opportunity to develop their personal skills and hone the qualities they need for work and learning. The content of this unit will cover the following areas:
This unit will cover the following topics:
- Communication principals in the workplace
- Negotiation and conflict management
- Culture and Communication
- Team building and roles
- Writing for the Web
- Speaking in Public
- Analyse and present research information
- Business and Report Writing
- Illustrating data – Graphic communication
- Contemporary ethical issues
Unit Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this unit, and consistent with good business practice, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively within the group as well as in teamwork: contributing equally, cooperating respectfully.
- Comply with basic business standards and behaviours that enable an efficient, effective and functioning workplace.
- Apply research skills and resources to define and resolve an issue.
- Use effective communication skills to facilitate collaborative activities and to take and give direction.
- Prepare a professional Resume for themselves
- Prepare written documents that meet business standards in readability, clarity, logic, accuracy and succinctness: Memos, emails and reports