Credit Points: 15
Prerequisite: Completion of any four MPA units
Workload: 36 contact hours
Campus: Melbourne, Sydney
Aims & Objectives
This unit is aimed at enabling students to understand and critique business research, and apply analytical techniques to evaluate existing data and synthesise ne information. The unit covers the purpose of research, defining a research problem, and reviewing previous research to gain a full understanding of the issues. It also provides an introduction to qualitative and quantitative research methods and writing a research report. This unit requires students to prepare a significant piece of individual business research and is a foundation for the elective MA622 Applied Business Research Project.
At the completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Describe the process of research in the contemporary global business environmen;
- Describe and explain various research techniques;
- Critically evaluate and interpret research results and research reports;
- Critically evaluate different approaches to generation of information and assess and choose an appropriate technique for a given problem or decision; and
- Research and prepare business reports which communicate and present solutions to management issues in writing
Tutorial/Workshop: 1 hour
Students are advised to check the unit outline for prescribed Textbooks.
Students are advised to check the unit outline for additional reference materials.