- Study with us
- Federation University at MIT
- About us
You may have received an email or phone call asking you to come in for an interview. How do you prepare?
Here are some tips to help you prepare for the interview:
- Have an understanding of what the role is about;
- Gather as much information as you can about the company you have applied for;
- Determine the required skills for the position and whether there are specific requirements for the role;
- Think about the potential questions the prospective employer may ask you and how you might answer them;
- Try to find out what interview style is being used – whether it is informal, panel or behavioural styled;
- Try to find out whether there are any assessments being used and ask questions prior the interview;
- Think of the areas of your educational background which you can highlight and relate to the position you are being interviewed for;
- Think of the qualities and strengths you want to promote during your interview;
- Prepare questions which you may like to ask during the interview – this shows that you are genuinely more interested about aspects of either the role or company;
- Complete a mock interview to help identify improvement areas;
- Prepare the mode of transport you will take, where it is located and what you will wear on the day;
- Make sure you allow yourself enough time to arrive before the interview, and
- Have copies of your resume, cover letter, qualifications and certificates for you to use as an example to hand to the interview panel members if you need to.
Please login to AMS to view Sample Interview Questions under the Career Development tab.