- Study with us
- Federation University at MIT
- About us
Cambridge First Certificate in English (FCE) Preparation - Upper Intermediate
This course consists of printed materials, computer based learning classes (2 hours) library access, excursions and intensive exam practice
At the end of the course students would have:
- Studied and practised all parts of the exam (use of English, reading, writing, listening and speaking)
- Been able to answer various types of questions such as; multiple - choice, fit in removed sentences in to a text, etc based on a written text.
- Been able to read the media for information quickly and with good understanding
- Been able to give an opinion and reason in a written form
- Been able to make notes while someone is talking
- Been able to write a letter including non – standard requests
- Been able to demonstrate the knowledge of a range of collocations, phrasal verbs and adverbial phrases.
- Been able to demonstrate the understanding of the subject verb agreement
- Been able to demonstrate an ability to follow a talk on a familiar topic
- Been able to ask for factual information and is able to understand the answer
- Been able to maintain a conversation on a relatively wide range of topics
- Been able to express own opinion, and present arguments to a limited extent
- Been able to give descriptions of things and pictures
- Been able to agree and disagree on a given topic.
- Been able to negotiate about a topic
Accreditation and recognition
Melbourne Institute of Technology is fully accredited by the National ELT Accreditation Scheme as a provider of English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS)
Entry IELTS band
How to Apply
|CRICOS code(s)||VIC: 071158A, NSW: 070931K|
|Hosted by||Language Centre|
|Semester intakes||Every week|
|Availability||International students: Melbourne campus, Sydney campus|
|Attendance||Hours per week: 20|
Class times: 9.00 – 10.15 / 10.30 – 11.45 / 12.15 – 13.45
|Course fees||AUD$360.50 per week|
Even though MIT endeavours to provide correct information, this information may change throughout the year. You are strongly advised to verify the accuracy of this information with the Language Centre before making a decision.