This course consists of printed materials, computer-based learning classes (2 hours) library access, excursions.
At the end of the course students would have
- Been able to make self understood in very short, simple utterances in highly familiar contexts
- Been able to write short, legible sentences and/or complete basic forms on highly familiar topics (e.g. personal details, present events, likes and dislikes)
- Been able to comprehend very short, simple texts on familiar topics involving high-frequency vocabulary (e.g. jobs).
- Been able to comprehend basic instructions and questions in familiar context provided speech is very slow and clearly articulated and there is possibility of repetition.
- Been able to use several simple structures (present simple of common verbs, pronouns) although basic systematic errors may persist
- Been able to produce and recognise basic vocabulary required to conduct routine everyday transactions
Accreditation and recognition
Melbourne Institute of Technology is fully accredited by the National ELT Accreditation Scheme as a provider of English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS).
Even though MIT endeavours to provide correct information, this information may change throughout the year. You are strongly advised to verify the accuracy of this information with the Language Centre before making a decision.