On successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Determine system requirements through requirements elicitation and workshops.
- Design processes for verification and validation of system requirements.
- Use appropriate modelling techniques to specify system requirements.
- Produce and communicate to others the functional specifications of a system.
- Compare and contrast different Software Engineering process models: waterfall, evolutionary, spiral, prototyping.
- Produce a system implementation, and design and implement integration and testing plans.
- Investigate state of the art software engineering techniques and technologies, and their scope of applicability for software Engineering, specifically related to service orientation: e.g. XML, SaaS, SOA.
Lecture: 2 hours
Laboratory: 2 hours
PBL Tutorial: 1 hours
Face to Face
Learning Outcomes Assessed
|Midterm Test ||a-c,e*||10%|
|Assignment 2||a-d, f-g*||25%|
|Laboratory and Problem Based Learning participation & submission||a-g*||10%|
|Final Examination (2 hours)||a-g*||40%|
*refer to learning outcomes above.