On successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Develop and apply research methods and analytical, technical, managerial and time-management skills to the analysis and design of a capstone project.
- Identify and evaluate project management concepts and apply them to a realistic business problem.
- Research, adapt and apply the knowledge and skills acquired over the core units to plan a substantial capstone project
- Demonstrate effective communication skills in relation to client, ethical and professional behavior.
- Work effectively and efficiently in a team, and write a group report.
Lecture: 2 hours
Laboratory: 2 hours
PBL Tutorial: 1 hours
Face to Face
Learning Outcomes Assessed
|Group report: Project Requirements Analysis and Specification*||a*||25%|
|Group report: Project plan and preliminary design*||b*||20%|
|Group report: A report on research undertaken for a project planning, and research methods to be used for the next stage of the project.*||a-c,e*||25%|
|Individual report: Peer evaluation of contributions of team members and reflective journal on professional practice/experience||d*||20%|
*refer to learning outcomes above.