- Study with us
- Federation University at MIT
- About us
- MIT News
- Official Opening of the Argus MIT Melbourne
- Soft skills will make all the difference
- RBA cuts interest rates Tuesday June 4
- MIT Engineering Student receives ITNAC Grant for Industry Project
- How do recent graduates and current students rate the MIT Telecoms Engineering undergraduate course?
- How do recent graduates and current students rate the MIT Business and Management undergraduate courses
- Capitalising on trends is a smart tactic
- A/Prof. Tony Jan, IEEE WCCI Chair 2020
- A/Prof Tony Jan’s cyber security tips
- Be Digital Disruption Ready
English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
The EAP course is designed to give students an introduction to the academic culture and English-language requirements of Australian higher education. This course is ideal for students wishing to undertake higher education in Australia. The EAP course is designed to enable the students to proceed to courses at Diploma, Bachelor, or Postgraduate level.
The course includes reading comprehension, listening and note-taking, essay and report writing skills, oral presentation and debating skills, mastering academic speech, reference and research skills, examination skills, as well as workshops for grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation. Avoiding plagiarism by introducing effective referencing, and summarizing skills are also included in the course.
MIT offer the following EAP courses:
Even though MIT endeavours to provide correct information, this information may change throughout the year. You are strongly advised to verify the accuracy of this information with the Language Centre before making a decision.