- Study with us
- Federation University at MIT
- About us
- MIT News
- Official Opening of the Argus MIT Melbourne
- Soft skills will make all the difference
- RBA cuts interest rates Tuesday June 4
- MIT Engineering Student receives ITNAC Grant for Industry Project
- How do recent graduates and current students rate the MIT Telecoms Engineering undergraduate course?
- How do recent graduates and current students rate the MIT Business and Management undergraduate courses
- Capitalising on trends is a smart tactic
- A/Prof. Tony Jan, IEEE WCCI Chair 2020
- A/Prof Tony Jan’s cyber security tips
- Be Digital Disruption Ready
School of IT & Engineering
About The School
Welcome to the School of Information Technology and Engineering (SITE) at MIT. The School has been involved in the field of information and communication technologies (ICT) and Engineering education since the mid-nineties. We are a group of committed professionals with a passion for education and for producing work-ready, industry-focused graduates.
The School offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in IT, Cyber Security, Networking and Engineering, from Higher Education Diplomas, to Bachelors and Masters, both in our Melbourne and Sydney campuses. We also offer similar programs--at both campuses--for the Federation University Australia .
Although our main concern is education, we have a very active applied, industry-oriented research presence in the areas of Network and Communications Security, Software Engineering, Enterprise Systems and Architecture and Health Informatics.
Professor Johnson Ihyeh Agbinya
Head of the School IT & Engineering
We educate our SITE graduates to:
- be technically competent;
- be knowledgeable in their own discipline and the related foundation knowledge;
- be independent learners and workers;
- be work-ready;
- communicate effectively;
- demonstrate commitment to professional ethics and cultural awareness.