- Study with us
- Federation University at MIT
- About us
- MIT News
- Official Opening of the Argus MIT Melbourne
- Soft skills will make all the difference
- RBA cuts interest rates Tuesday June 4
- MIT Engineering Student receives ITNAC Grant for Industry Project
- How do recent graduates and current students rate the MIT Telecoms Engineering undergraduate course?
- How do recent graduates and current students rate the MIT Business and Management undergraduate courses
- Capitalising on trends is a smart tactic
- A/Prof. Tony Jan, IEEE WCCI Chair 2020
- A/Prof Tony Jan’s cyber security tips
- Be Digital Disruption Ready
The Board of Directors is the governing authority of MIT and is responsible for overseeing the higher education operations and the general direction and superintendence of the Institute. The board includes a majority of independent members along with representatives of the owners of the company and the executive management. External and internal members play a significant role in the Board with the external members bringing expertise and experience not represented in MIT. This is balanced by the presence of internal members who are the key internal stakeholders and these individuals where responsible for bringing MIT to the position it is today. In total, the Board ensures that MIT fulfills its responsibilities as detailed in its Vision and Goals statements, in addition to ensuring that MIT continues to meet its obligations and responsibilities as a higher education provider.
Standing committees of the Board have been established to provide the Board with advice and recommendations or to exercise specific powers delegated to them by the board.