- Study with us
- Federation University at MIT
- About us
- MIT News
- Official Opening of the Argus MIT Melbourne
- Soft skills will make all the difference
- RBA cuts interest rates Tuesday June 4
- MIT Engineering Student receives ITNAC Grant for Industry Project
- How do recent graduates and current students rate the MIT Telecoms Engineering undergraduate course?
- How do recent graduates and current students rate the MIT Business and Management undergraduate courses
- Capitalising on trends is a smart tactic
- A/Prof. Tony Jan, IEEE WCCI Chair 2020
- A/Prof Tony Jan’s cyber security tips
- Be Digital Disruption Ready
Essential Information for International Students
Melbourne Institute of Technology (MIT) welcomes students from all over the world and provides support services to enhance their experience living and studying in Australia. At MIT, improving our student experience and graduate outcomes remain a top priority. This handbook has all the information you will need to get started and we hope you will find the content useful throughout your studies with us. It is arranged in five sections:
Section 1: Information on how to apply, prepare your application and what to do after you have received an offer letter from MIT;
Section 2: Information on VISA, preparing to move to Australia, arriving in Australia and bringing your family;
Section 3: Settling into Australia, including information on different types of accommodation, medical services and on working in Australia;
Section 4: Studying at MIT including information on our orientation program which is essential to the wellbeing and academic success of all new students and
Section 5: Adjusting to life in Australia including social and cultural information.
We encourage you to participate in events organised during orientation and activities throughout the academic year as these will help you settle in to your new life and give you a good start for your studies.