- Study with us
- Federation University at MIT
- About us
Executive Management Committee
The Board of Directors delegate responsibility for the management of MIT’s operations to the CEO. The CEO is responsible for the efficient conduct of MIT’s business and to assist in this regard the CEO convenes the Executive Management Committee.
The Executive Management Committee is the primary operational body of MIT, assisting the CEO in the day to day running of MIT’s operations. The Executive Management Committee implements MIT’s strategic, operational and risk management plans, and reports to the Board of Directors.
- Exercise an executive decision-making and coordination role in relation to MIT business.
- Implement policies and procedures to enable the efficient running of MIT.
- Implement the strategic, operational and risk management plans approved by the Board of Directors ensuring that MIT maintains a quality assured teaching and learning environment for all stakeholders.
- Report to the Board of Directors on major operational and management issues and the performance of MIT.
- Membership of the Executive Management Committee is determined by employment in particular staff positions and those staff remain members of the Executive Management Committee for the term of their employment.
- Positions that make up the Executive Management Committee are shown in the table below.
- The Chair of the Executive Management Committee is the CEO.
- The members of the Executive Management Committee are provided with all relevant information prior to meetings and are obligated to preserve any commercial-in-confidence information.
The CEO will appoint a secretary who is responsible for distributing agendas and papers to members prior to meetings and recording, preparing and distributing the minutes of each meeting. Agenda and papers for meetings will be distributed to members at least 5 working days in advance of any meeting. Minutes of each meeting will be available for ratification by the Chair no later than 5 working days after each meeting. Unconfirmed minutes will be distributed to members after approval by the Chair for confirmation at the next meeting.
Initially these Terms of Reference are provided by the Board of Directors. These Terms of Reference may be reviewed from time to time. Any amendments agreed by the Executive Management Team will be recommended for ratification by the Board of Directors.