The Board of Directors is the governing body of MIT and is responsible for overseeing the higher education operations and general direction of MIT. The Board of Directors ensures that MIT fulfils its responsibilities as detailed in its Vision and Goals in addition to ensuring that MIT continues to meet its obligations and responsibilities as an Institute of higher education.
The functions of the Board are:
- Oversee and review the management and performance of MIT.
- Develop and review a clear statement on MIT's strategic direction, vision and goals and continually monitor progress against goals agreed with management including:
a. approve and monitor budgets, financial plans and major capital expenditure of MIT and verify the integrity of financial reporting.
b. ensure MIT's assets and resources are properly managed.
- Oversee MIT’s activities including its academic activities, the student experience, and the conferral of its higher education awards, through its Academic Board.
- Appoint and appraise the performance of the chief executive officer.
- Require and monitor compliance with statutory and regulatory obligations.
- Establish and monitor MIT policy consistent with legal requirements, corporate social responsibility and in the spirit of community expectations.
- Implement and review the system of delegation to ensure the effective discharge of Board functions and ensure delegated responsibilities are clearly defined to the CEO, and to the Academic Board and other committees.
- Oversee and monitor the effective management of risk and ensure procedures and associated internal controls are established and effectively maintained to mitigate risks that may eventuate.
- Approve and monitor commercial undertakings and monitor education, training, research and consultancy activities.
- Effectively manage its own operations, including the appointment of the Chair, selection of new members and their induction and the proper execution by members of their fiduciary duties.
|Chair||Emeritus Prof. W Robinson|
|CEO||Dr. Shesh Ghale, Honoris Causa|
|Independent Member||Professor David Battersby|
|Independent Member||Mr James Joughin|
|Owner's representative||Ms Jamuna Ghale-Gurung|
|Chair Academic Board||Emeritus Prof. Doug Grant|
|Member||Dr. Patricia Stewart|
Administration/Secretary: BOD Secretary
Student Participation: No
Chair: Emeritus Professor Wayne Robinson
|10/02/2023||Friday 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM||Level 6 Boardroom|
|24/03/2023||Friday 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM||Level 6 Boardroom|
|05/05/2023||Friday 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM||Level 6 Boardroom|
|16/06/2023||Friday 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM||Level 6 Boardroom|
|04/08/2023||Friday 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM||Level 6 Boardroom|
|22/09/2023||Friday 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM||Level 6 Boardroom|
|20/10/2023||Friday 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM||Level 6 Boardroom|
|24/11/2023||Friday 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM||Level 6 Boardroom|
For more information, please contact:
288 La Trobe Street, Melbourne
Phone: +61 3 8600 6700