- Study with us
- Federation University at MIT
- About us
- MIT News
- Official Opening of the Argus MIT Melbourne
- Soft skills will make all the difference
- RBA cuts interest rates Tuesday June 4
- MIT Engineering Student receives ITNAC Grant for Industry Project
- How do recent graduates and current students rate the MIT Telecoms Engineering undergraduate course?
- How do recent graduates and current students rate the MIT Business and Management undergraduate courses
- Capitalising on trends is a smart tactic
- A/Prof. Tony Jan, IEEE WCCI Chair 2020
- A/Prof Tony Jan’s cyber security tips
- Be Digital Disruption Ready
Studying Federation University programs at MIT
Modes of study
Teaching and learning methods of the Fed are appropriate to the subjects and programs undertaken, and may consist of seminars, lectures, tutorials, laboratory sessions or group discussions.
The specific methods and requirements for each subject are contained in the subject guides distributed to students upon enrolment.
Assessment of Fed programs includes a range of methods such as formal, end-of-semester examinations, continuous assessment throughout the semester, written assignments, essays and field projects. Students will be advised of the particular method(s) to be used at the commencement of their course.
English language requirements
Entry into Fed programs requires a minimum English-language competency of IELTS score of 6.0 (Academic) overall, with no individual band of less than 6.0 or equivalent.
English Language Programs
As approved by the Fed, students who do not meet the English language requirement can undertake English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program at the Melbourne Institute of Technology (MIT). For further information, please visit English Language Programs.
Academic processes, complaints and grievances
For full details relating to student grievance information, pertaining to the Fed, please click here.
For academic processes of the Fed, and other related information, please see http://policy.federation.edu.au/
On all general matters, click here.
Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS)
It is recommended that students view the information available in this page.