Certifying your Academic Documents

Students are required to provide certified copies of academic and other important documents at the time of application.

How to certify your academic documents?

When certifying a document, the officer must carefully check the copy against the original and if satisfied, must certify it as below:

  • Stamp/ write “This is a true copy of the original document sighted by me” on each document sighted
  • Sign and date the statement
  • Provide contact details (name and address)
  • The official seal or stamp of their organisation or their profession 

Which documents need to be certified?

  • Academic documents
  • Bio-data page of your passport or birth certificate

Who can certify your documents?

In Australia

MIT accepts certified documents by anyone who is currently employed as:

  • An accountant (they must be the member of CPA Australia or Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (ICAA), the National Institute of Accountants, or the Association of Taxation and Management Accountants or Registered Tax Agents)
  • Electorate Officer
  • Justice of the Peace
  • Barrister, solicitor or patent attorney
  • Notary Public
  • Pharmacist
  • Police officer rank of sergeant or above
  • Post Office Manager
  • Principal of an Australian primary school or high school
  • Registered Australian Health Practitioner

An Authorised Officer at:

  • MIT Admissions and Marketing, Student Services, Academic Services division
  • Tertiary Admission Centre, e.g. VTAC, UAC

Outside Australia

  • A Notary Public
  • An Authorised Officer currently employed by MIT Authorised Education AgentCertifying your Academic Documents